Friday, April 25, 2014

Stuck on You





Made this card for the Pretty Pink Posh sequins shaker card challenge and as an entry into the Sweet Stamp Shop design team call.

I didn't have a chance to make a video tutorial. So I did an old fashioned style tutorial. 


I Use fun foam instead of foam tape or squares. It's a bit more economical and I love my foam squares and tape. Lol I used my nesting spellbinders oval dies to cut out some fun foam.


Then I cut some transparency using the larger of the oval dies.


Then using the smaller of the two oval dies cut a hole into your patterned paper. 


Then adhere the oval transparency to your peice of patterned paper. I used a little tombo mono multi liquid glue.



Then add the oval foam shape to your Stamped focal image. I used the adorable stuck on you set from the sweet stamp shop. :)

As you can see it can become all wonky but that's ok. I accidentally stretched the foam oval but no one will see it. Lol does drive me a bit nuts but that's ok. I then added some pretty pink posh sequins to the center of the oval. 


I used some glossy accents to adhere the patterned paper over the top of the foam oval that was holding our sequins. Placed a clear block on top for about 5 min or until the glossy accents dries.

I hope this helps and inspires you try to make a super duper easy shaker card using  pretty pink posh sequins and some adorable sweet stamp shop stamps. I have been using the adorable stuck on you stamp set.

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings,

Mary

37 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cute card, Mary! And a great tutorial to go along with it :-)

Laura Jane said...

Great step by step. LOVE the sentiment:)

Yolanda Garrido said...

Very nice and funny!! I love it!

Liesl Castles said...

This is a super cute card - love it...

Patt H. said...

Love this! Such a cute sentiment with this stamp! Thanks for the great tutorial too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love your cute little cactus shaker!

DoofyJEss2 said...

Super cute! Enjoyed the old-fashioned tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

Megan Carroll said...

So cute! Love that stamp set!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Great instructions. I had to check out their other stamps and I found several I gotta have, well at least a couple! Thanks for pointing us to another fun company of stamps! Love the bright colors you used!

Chris R. from Iowa

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! This is so DARN FUN!! I LOVE your Design!! This made me SMILE and LAUGH!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Nikki said...

Love your card! Sweet image xx

WhoMom said...

Adorable card! That cactus is past cute...

Greta said...

Darling card! Good luck with the DT call!

cm said...

Your 'old-fashioned' tutorial is marvelous, Mary, as is your ADORABLE cactus shaker card! Super cute, super darling and super sweet! A wonderful entry to showcase your talents for the Sweet Stamp Shop DT call (fingers crossed for you). Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'm sooooo happy to have found yours in return! Your creativity is such a gift!!
c

Shona Chambers said...

Super gorgeous card, who would have thought a cactus could be so cute?! Love the tutorial and the way you coloured the design. Brilliant!

Jenny said...

Fab tutorial and what a fun card!

Hugs,

Jenny

Lisa H. said...

This green beauty stood out to me. Love the darling image and all that green. Great card!

Diane Stricker said...

Wonderful card.

Heather Thompson said...

Very bright and fun!!!! great outcome,love it.

Owl Be Crafty said...

That stamp set is so cute and it really brings your shaker to life! Great card!

Lucinde said...

Love the cactus!

canadian_liner said...

Awesome idea to use the fun-foam for a rounded opening (I'd go NUTS trying to adhere little bits of foam tape around a circular frame)--I'm going to remember this tip. And your prickly little cactus is CUTE!

Diane said...

Super cute design.

Hugs diane

JanLee said...

This is so cute, I love that you showed your process!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my goodness, this is adorable! love that fun stamp set soooo much! I would have never thought to use the fun foam. great idea!

thanks so much for popping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

I've never thought to use foam to seal a shaker before. So much easier than what I do! Great card!

Lauren Taylor said...

so cute! i LOVE that stamp! too cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super CUTE!!! :)

Sue D said...

What a fun cactus card!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Very cute.

Emily Lauritzen said...

Super fun card! Love that sentiment with the cute image, and perfect for a shaker card!

Gaylynn said...

Very cute window the way you made it. :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

Great job sharing how you made your darling shaker card, Mary! Thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

Fifi said...

That cactus is adorable

Donna B. said...

Very cute shaker card! I love the cactus image!!

Deepti said...

Love the cactus and bright colors on ur shaker card!!

Lindsey said...

This is adorable! Love the colorful sequins and that cactus stamp is too cute.