Friday, March 25, 2011

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge


Good Morning!  I decided to play along this month in the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.  For all the details please visit Nichole Heady's blog.

The challenge is to use Floss in a different way on your card or project. When I created this card I was thinking of my teenage son.  I wanted something a little trendy but clean & simple. 

I purposely did not add a sentiment so that I could add the sentiment when I use the card. My son loves clean graphic lines with lots of white space.  I attempted to make sure that there was plenty of white space and went with color for my contrast and used the rule of "3" when applying the string.  I think I achieved the the clean graphic design that he loves so much. 

I hope you enjoy the Fabulous Friday video this week.




Thanks for stopping by!

Mary


Card Deets: (All Papertrey Ink products, unless otherwise noted.)
Stamps: On my couch, Text Background
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Ranger - Vintage Photo and Antique Linen
Paper: Lemon tart and Kraft
Accessories: On my Couch Dies, DMC Floss


Sharing the Love: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

34 comments:

Heide said...

Super simple, yet super cute! Love how the card turned out.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

One of my favorite PTI sets, great job.

Marge said...

LOVE this!!!

Mel said...

Wonderful colors, I'll have to keep your floss idea in mind, great idea

Diane said...

Creative use of the floss...love the clean lines of this!!

Rhonda said...

Cute and clean!!!

lynn said...

love this card and video! tfs!

kasia c. said...

Love this card! I LOVE how you used the floss and your white faux stitches around the card and the chair. Fabulous masculine card. :)

Karen said...

The stitching is just perfect for this. Great card!

Kay said...

I love the stitching- it really makes the couch POP!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love it! This stitching just adds the extra accent, such a pretty card!

I'm Renee said...

Great card!
Love the simplicity of it!

Cyndie said...

What a cool way to meet the challenge! Looks kinda like a Temari ball! Thanks for sharing!

Rochelle said...

This is awesome!

Terri said...

Very cute. Great way to use the embroidery floss too.

beckynoelle said...

very clean and pretty card!

ashjoy said...

Very cute, love the little chair.

Peggysuez said...

Cute!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Great card! Love the stitching around the perimeter of the card.

Linda said...

I love how you used the floss and kept your card CAS. You did a great job!

Monica K. said...

Very cool card! I like how you layered the floss and love the bright yellow.

Julie E said...

Simple, but oh so cute!!!

Chrisd said...

What a great card and I just love using the floss on the card.Another wonderful CAS card !I'll have to try it myself.

wendy said...

very nice card

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Great way to accent and highlight the chair image. Very nice card!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video Mary! So many fun elements. I have tons of floss and this gives me some ideas of how to use some little pieces of it that I hate to throw away. Love how the chair came together too. Fun ideas!

Chris R. from Iowa

Inkyfingers said...

Great clean lines on the card and it will be so good for man!

Babies- Beth said...

Love your card, but really love the definition of the stitches around the edges- I need to try this~

Amber said...

I love the color combination you used here. Great job!

Laura Isham said...

Great card! Love the stitching! And, thanks for including the video.

Huguenot Girl said...

Great card with clean lines. Good colour combo too - perfect to use for a man!

jen said...

Love this set- your use of the floss is so creative!! :)

The Paper Parade said...

You definitely achieved your goal of clean and simple, yet is is outstanding at the same time! I love your choice for using the floss. The card is so retro, and I love that it can be masculine for your son. Great job!

nancy jane said...

This card is all sorts of wonderful. The addition of the floss as a bold graphic is fantastic. I enjoyed the video you included.