Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday



Today is another day for a Sugar Creek Hollow challenge.  Today is to use black and white with a splash of color.

I used the adorable post card image, some Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 paper and ribbon from my Etsy Shop.

My splash of color is the yellow and it's a little hard to see...but there is some sparkling highlights on the bird.

Please visit Sugar Creek Hollows blog for all the fun details on how to join in the fun and win a prize.

Here is the amazing DT:



Thanks for stopping by!

Mary

Sharing the Love: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Matt. 7:7-8

12 comments:

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

I've seen this bird colored in blue, red and now yellow and everyone of them looks so wonderful! The yellow looks great with the black and while and I love how you made the post card the bulk of your card. It has so much wonderful detail on it. Your crinkle ribbon is such a nice touch under it and I ALWAYS love polka dots. Wonderful card!

Primitive Paper said...

Lovely display of vintage-ness Mary. One of your top cards in my opinion! Your papers are a lovely choice to compliment this image.

Heide said...

Mary,
This is so beautiful I love that yo have highlighted your bird and your ribbon treatment.

Julie said...

This is just lovely. I love the black and with the hints of yellow. The yellow ribbon is the icing on the cake.

Hugz,
Julie

Nancy said...

The yellow is stunning, Mary!! I love the ribbon!! And, that polka dot paper is perfect for this image!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular, Mary! Love the ribbon treatment!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful design. Love that bird. :)

Donna Moore said...

Executable perfection! You showcased this image beautifully, I love the subtle glitter and your choice of the shade of yellow, just flat perfect!! Or yeah, and gorgeous to boot!!
hugs
donna

Chrisd said...

Great paper crafting Mary and the yellow really looks wonderful on both the bird and ribbon accent. Time for me to visit the Etsy shop again!

Joseline said...

Very cute card Mary! Love the yellow bird and how you used the crinkled ribbon.

Sharon Basel said...

This is so beautiful Mary with the bird colored in yellow. My favorite so far using this image!
Hugs,
Sharon

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous Mary, love your splash of color!!!
hugs & blessings