Saturday, January 08, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday

Edit to post for a question: @Heidi - I colored the snowman with copic makers B0000 then I added some Rock Candy Distress stickles, and some MS glitter to the snowman.  Once it dried I distressed the circle and image with vintage photo and then some of the glitter rubbed off so I added another layer of Rock Candy Distress stickles....I think that was it. LOL!  Thanks ladies for your sweet comments.


Today holds a sketch for Sugar Creek Hollow.  I decided to make a gift bag instead of a card.  I want to fill this bag with some home baked goodies for the recipient. 

I used the adorable image called, "Bad Hair Day". Seriously adorable.  I know that Valentines day is right around the corner, but there is stills lots of snow on the ground here in WI....I used vintage sheet music, Moe's crinkle ribbon amd small red tag from Etsy Shop.

Did you know that all the proceeds from the Sugar Creek Hollow Shoppe go towards feeding and helping the less fortunate.  Tracy the owner does an amazing job being a blessing to those in her city. That means every purchase you make, YOU are making a difference in someone else life.  Seriously how cool is that!

Make to visit the UBER talented DT for load of inspiration.




There are some updated rules as well and they are awesome!  Make sure you play along to win some uber yummy stuff. The Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge blog has all the deets.

Thanks for stopping by!

Mary

Sharing the Love: When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. Psalm 56:3

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Mary, this is awesome!! I love the gift bag idea, and you colored this image to perfection!!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

What a cute idea to use the sketch for a gift bag. I love your shabby little snow person and I always love a touch (or lots) of sheetmusic on a project!

Heide said...

Mary,
I love your awesome gift bag! She truly looks FAB, even if her hair is bad! What technique did you do to color in the snow lady?

Sharon Basel said...

Mary you're always so creative with the gift bags! I love this! Your coloring and distressing of that darling snowlady is perfect!
Hugs,
Sharon

Joseline said...

This is just a sweet and simple gift bag. The details you put into creating the snowman is incredible.

Donna Moore said...

You are the most creative gal I have ever seen! You come up with the most delightful ideas of showcasing images, I love coming here to soak up that mojo!! This week is no exception, fantastic gift bag, your presentation and coloring are top of the line, you have created a gold star beautiful project!!
hugs
donna

marsha said...

Mary, your "bad hair snowman" is so gorgeous and looks fabulous on your treat bag! What a great idea - love it!
Hugs,
Marsha

Primitive Paper said...

What a sweet-treat bag. Who would not love to get something like this filled with goodies??? You are so creative with altered projects Mary...I would love to sit and craft with you if only for a day!

Cec said...

Fun project. I would love to get one of these gift bags - once the homemade goodies are added of course.
Hugs!
Cec

Julie said...

Great gift bag! I love that you think outside the box and go with something other than a card. Great inspiration!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Mary - what a great job! This is sooo cute! Of course the hair sticking out from the static with the cold weather and all - is a must! Just makes you smile looking at it! I think I gotta have that image! Too much fun! Thanks for the info on how you colored the snowman too. When I see a doily now, I think of you and all your creations! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!


Chris R. from Iowa

Dawn Edwards said...

Mary this is such a Beautiful Gift bag. Thanks for the inspiration.
Dawn