Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday


I created a little gift package using my medium glassine bags from my Etsy shop and this adorable image from Sugar Creek Hollow.

I colored this beautiful image with my Copic markers and added some soft pastels in the background for that soft glow and used distress ink on the edges.  Then I popped up the image on diamentionals.  I used some silk ribbon and a doily from my Etsy shop.

I love how the image turned out.

Please visit the rest of the DT for some amazing inspiration!



Thank you for stopping by today!

Mary

Sharing the Love:  It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. Psalm 18:32

10 comments:

Donna Moore said...

Perfectly gorgeous! I adore your many projects and how you add your special MoJo touches!!!
donna

Heide said...

So pretty, I love how bright and vibrant you cardinal is. looks just like the ones I see in the back yard. I really like the idea of a gift package.

jonim52 said...

Perfect choice for this card challenge. Your cardinal is beautiful!

Primitive Paper said...

Mary, this makes my mouth water for some chocolate chip cookies to add to your lovely bag. Great choice fro an altered project.

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Wow! I think the bag is as much of a gift as whatever you're planning to put inside. This cardinal is beautiful! I'd love to see him outside my window today. He's gorgeous! Wonderful job coloring. This is so elegant. I love it!

Sharon Basel said...

What a perfectly wonderful idea Mary. I love this simple but effective way to create a gift bag. Your cardinal is colored so richly and I love the distressed doily - just the right finishing touch for this project.
Hugs,
Sharon

Maria Matter said...

another fun creation Mary and your coloring of that birdie is gorgeous!!!
enjoy your wknd
hugs & blessings

marsha said...

Mary, what a perfect idea! I love your cardinal as a gift bag, in fact this could be the gift it's so lovely! Your coloring is luscious and the distressed doily and bow make this a gorgeous creation!
Hugs,
Marsha

Julie said...

Your gift bag is just beautiful, a gift in itself! Your coloring is fabulous!

Hugz,
Julie

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Fabolous giftbag Mary!