Saturday, November 06, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday

Today is Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday where we have a card sketch.




Here is my take on the sketch.  Now I turned the card on it's side so it's a landscape.  I used the scallop border punch for the lace.  I used a fun nestie shape along with a colored doily to mimic the scallop circle and buttons for the snowflakes.


Sketches are so much fun, you can take them literal or use the element for inspiration and make it your own.

Make sure you check out the DT amazing cards.  I love looking at all of their cards and I draw so much inspiration from them.

Start Here at the Sugar Creek Hollow Blog.




Thanks so much for stopping by.  

Many Blessings,

Mary

Sharing the Love:  Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I trust your commands. Psalm 119:66

13 comments:

stephanie said...

Great card, love it.

Heide said...

Mary,
Your card looks fun and FAB!! Love the touch of blue!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Your lace doily and background music go great with this image. Great card!

Cassie said...

Beautiful, Mary! I love the colors ;D

Sharon Basel said...

What a beautiful card Mary! I love the faux stitching accent around the edge and the distressing on the main image. Great papers too - especially the music - it's got me singing Joy to the World already this morning! Super job!

jonim52 said...

Love the way you used the doily!

Donna Moore said...

Fantastic take on the sketch! Love your doily and that crinkle ribbon that helps set that turquoise off so beautifully! Beautiful card Mary!!
hugs
donna

marsha said...

Mary, how beautiful! Love the turquoise you used and the doily and ribbon look fabulous with this gorgeous creation!
Hugs,
Marsha

Nancy said...

Beautiful, Mary!! I love the colored doily, and you do such an excellent job incorporating so many fun and intricate elements!

Julie said...

Beautiful card! I love the music background. Great job with the distressing.

Cec said...

Terrific card. I love your interpretation of the sketch and all that fabulous distressing.
Hugs!
Cec

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Mary!! love the elements you used!!
What color ribbon is that, I think I NEED it! lol
Hope you had a great wknd!
hugs & blessings!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Mary!
This is great! Love the colors and the music DP. Very lovely card!

Hugs
Gunn