Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Smile Friend



Do you just ever have one of those days where you have an itch to create a card.    I get like this every once in a while...when life is a little stressful one of my outlets is creativity.  =)

And if you are super busy you can still create a cute card, just break it up into small chunks of time.  That's what I did today.    This morning I had about 15 minutes free and that's when I colored that adorable Pure Innocence image.  I set the image aside and went off to school.

We didn't come home till later this evening and after supper I had another 15 minutes of time so I took it. LOL!  I already had an idea of what I wanted to do so that made it a little easier.  When your short on time it's great to use a sketch or your favorite all time "fall back" layout.  Come on now...I know we all have a "fall back" layout that we use.  LOL!

See it's easy peasy lemon squeezy!   I've also made cards with 5 minute increments through out a day or two.  For me taking that little bit of time helps me to get all that creative energy out and that helps to relieve my stress.  My other favorite all time stress reliever is the presence of the LORD.  =)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Pure Innocence from MFT, Mega Mixed Messages from PTI.
Ink: Copic Markers, Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Antique Linen & PTI Dark Choco ink.
Paper: Cosmo Cricket - Circa, Kraft card-stock.
Accessories:  Doilies (from my Etsy Shop) and Green silk ribbon from May Arts.

Thanks for stopping by tonight.  Have a super Fantabulous week!

Blessings,
Mary

Sharing the Love:  The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.  Proverbs 18:10 

4 comments:

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Yep, I share your outlet. Awesome card Mary!

Hope you have a less stressed day tomorrow.

:-)

Sharon Basel said...

Darling card Mary! Your coloring of the image is amazing. Great tip on having a "go-to" layout to speed things up - I'll have to do that! Hope you're having a good week!
Hugs,
Sharon

Joseline said...

Great card Mary!! Love your coloring and your layout! So darling.

Maria Matter said...

aww, she's so sweet Mary and your card is beautiful!!!
hugs & blessings!