Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday



Good morning ladies!  It's time for another Sugar Creek Hollow card.  I just love this adorable snowman.  Seriously, how cute is he?

I finally tried the Chalkboard Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angles this week and LOVE it!  It adds a thin opaque layer of sparkle.  You can kind of see it in the photo but IRL it is uber glittery.  So pretty!

Our challenge this week was to create a card using three colors:

Dark Espresso (Dark Chocolate)
Sahara Sand (Tan)
Baja Breeze (Blueish Green)

Well I know of those colors but didn't have any in my stash.  So I used Walnut stain, Antique Linen and an a blueish green paper from Crate Paper.

I added some fun elements like the trinket pin, and #4 meta tab along with some twine and little pearls.

Thanks for stopping by today and make sure to check out the DT for some uber inspiration.

Start Here at Tracy's Blog:  Primitive Paper 

To play along visit the Shoppe blog and enter your card via Mr. Linky.  Don't miss out on all of the fun!!!!

Blessings,

Mary

Sharing the Love:  May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.  Psalm 19:14

16 comments:

Primitive Paper said...

Hi Mary...this is a new product for me as well...have never even heard of it but I love the look you have achieved with it. Very cute and prim card this week!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Mary, the shimmer is beautiful on this. I love the dictionary flower as well. The "warm wishes" cut apart is a nice touch too.

Sharon Basel said...

This is wonderful Mary - I love that doilie and the shimmer is perfect for this card! So creative on the sentiment cut out and encircling the image - very clever!

Donna Moore said...

What an adorable card!! Super embellishments, you did an excellent job on this girl!! I really love that new glimmer!!
hugs
donna

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This is lovely Mary. This snowman always makes me smile ;o)
Hugs
Gunn

stephanie said...

THis is so sweet Mary, love that snowman.

Cec said...

What a sweet little card. That snowman looks like he is ready to welcome you into his arms (brrr) so the sentiment is so perfect.
Hugs!
Cec

Heide said...

Super cute! Great sentiment with the adorable snowman.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

how cute! Love the colors and that snowman is too cute!

Dawn Edwards said...

What a great card. The Chalk Glimmer mist gives a great effect I would like to try it sometime.

Maria Matter said...

beautiful combo of colors!!! Adorable snowman Mary and I can see your lovely glimmer mist, must really look fantastic IRL!
hugs & blessings!

marsha said...

Fabulous creation Mary! Your snowman is adorable and the glimmer mist looks great, I'll bet it really shines close up! I love how you made your sentiment too!
Hugs,
Marsha

Julie said...

Just darling Mary!

Hugz,
Julie

Pat (mspfd) said...

Big smiles! Great holiday card!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awww...what a cute card! and I love the primitive paper flower! so cute!

Nancy said...

Mary, this is adorable!! I just love the flower made from the pages!! Awesome!