Thursday, October 21, 2010

Feeling Green





Green is by far my all time favorite colors.  I was having fun the other night coloring this Kraftin' Kimmie image.  I think she is so cute!  This image also give me a chance to play with shading and highlighting.  I need more practice to make her dress really come alive, but for my first try I was pleased with the result.


I am learning in my design classes to not be a wimp when it comes to color and design. LOL!  So when choosing my colors I went for contrast in my greens.  I used a yellow green along with a regular green that leans more towards the blue green end of the spectrum without being classified a blue green.  It was a challenge for me.   (I just realized that I did not write down the colors I used for her gown.  I do remember one green YF63 - New Leaf...it's one of my favs.)  


As I look at her hair, I think I could of used more contrast.  I went with my favorite brunette trio of:
E25
E27 and 
E29. 


I was struggling to come up with an over all card layout, since this is not my normal style of card making.  Still unsure...but will quite critiquing now. =)


I used October Afternoon - Thrift Shop collection of papers.  I love how the black and tans contrast with the vibrant greens.  It's hard to see but I used some Maya Road leaf pins that are off to the side of the flower.  


FYI:  Tomorrow I will be posting a video on how I make the dictionary flowers.  I had several ladies email me asking for this video.  So I hope you enjoy.


Have a wonderful night!


Many Blessings, 


Mary


Sharing the Love: I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart. Psalm 40:8

2 comments:

martita said...

card is fantastic! I love this girl and papers :) great job!

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Very cool! I love your coloring and the design.

:-)