Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday


Tracy the owner of Sugar Creek Hollow created this awesome vintage harvest digi.  I love these types of digital images because all the collage work is done for you.  All you have to do is color and distress and add to your card or bag and it's easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I decided to create a harvest/fall treat bag for a friend.  I want to fill this up with some tea, tissues, a few cough drops, some lipton chicken noodle soup and a few slips of paper with some scriptures on them to brighten her day and she is recovering from some icky cold germs.  

I colored the image with my Copic markers, added some distress inks, prima flowers, a dictionary page flower and used a newspaper print stamp in the background.  It took me less than 20 minutes to put together.  Now that is not lightening fast, but the cost was minimal.  Cost me about .25 cents in materials that I had in my stash.  Sweetness if you ask me. LOL!

Make sure to check out Tracy's blog. (Sugar Creek Hollow Owner) and the Sugar Creek Hollow blog.

The DT has made many, many, many beautiful projects....make sure to check them out.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!!

Many Blessings,

Mary

Sharing the Love:  “So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.”- Hebrews 10:35-36

16 comments:

Heide said...

What a Fabulous gift for your friend!
How clever to make a beautiful gift bag!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

Very cute idea to make a gift bag! I love the distressing.

Joseline said...

Mary, I love your bag and what a great gift to give to a friend!! You did an awesome job using this digi!!

Sharon Basel said...

How clever this is Mary! I love the old newspaper background and the vintage embellishments. Your coloring is very good too. Love this.

Primitive Paper said...

Mary, what a lovely project you have done this week. I can see using this for a special co-worker or Sunday School teacher and filling it full of goodies. You are such a sweet person and your sweetness comes through in your work. I hope you get to feeling better from your nasty cold. Blessings to you my friend. Tracy

Donna Moore said...

Perfectly wonderful idea and so creative! I am sure your friend will feel very special receiving this from you! Your love and art are apparent in this beautiful project!
hugs
donna

Nancy said...

What a great idea for a treat bag for a friend (I may have to copy that!!). I love the lace on the top of the bag...just gorgeous!

Alicia a.k.a. Crafty Al said...

This is gorgeous!!

Dawn Edwards said...

Mary this is such a beautiful gift bag! I love the colors you used and the dictionary flower is soo pretty.

MrsK said...

Oh Mary this is one gorgeous gift bag!! Your friend will love it lass! hugz xx

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This is great Mary! What a great and thoughtfull gift!

Hugs Gunn

Lisa Atha said...

What a great idea for this digi, and so beautiful!

Lisa

Julie said...

Mary - I love this bag. It is just gorgeous! The gift bag is a give in itself!

Hugz,
Julie

Chrisd said...

Great wonderful gift idea Mary! I'm going to go check the rest of the projects. Thanks so much.

Bernadette Bliss said...

Great gift bag. Love the dollie.

Megan said...

Awesome bag Mary! Soooo creative!