Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Waltzingmouse - Sketch Challenge


I decided to play along in the Waltzingmouse sketch challenge.  I thought the sketch looked fun and interesting.  Make sure you check out the WM challenge blog and join in the fun!

Here is my card.

I used some of my favorite paper from October Afternoon - Thrift Shop Collection and the book paper is from one of all time favorite authors - Jane Austen. (I found the book at my local antique store- it's not too old, but it works for my purpose of cutting it up to use on projects.)

I used the Irish Blessings stamp set from Waltzingmouse.  The sentiment is one of my all time favorites.  I am learning Gaelic (slowly but surely!! LOL!)  It's such a beautiful language.  Anyways...I used the SU! small circles punch around the boarder. (The smaller stamps are from the same set.)  Claire has so many stamps stuffed into each stamp set that I am amazed at the number of stamps and uses that each set has to offer.

I tried my hand at using my Copic markers more on the pale side.  I should of brought out my watercolors to slosh the color down....but I was challenging myself to use what was on my work space.....I am not 100% sold on the look and will continue to play until I get it right...LOL!

I am still working on my sample for the Doodle Pantry release that is just around the corner.  I can't wait to begin sharing those with you!

Thanks for stopping by today and many blessings!

Mary

Sharing the Love:  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.   Psalm 28:7

17 comments:

Joyce across the Pond said...

Mary, this is a great card....I love the circle of circles (that sounds very 'Irish'!!) in that greeny shamrocky paper. Great idea and super job.

Genevieve said...

Wow! This is just stunning, papers are fab too! :)

Sandra said...

Hi Mary....beautiful card,great use of stamps and lovely colour combo...the card as a very rustic look to it and a great take on the sketch.

Take care
San x

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

fabulous card with this sketch, great job...have a fantastic week!

enjoy *~*

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card!

Chrisd said...

Great job with your card and your interpretation on the sketch is fun too.The Gaelic language is so lovely to hear being spoken. I'm going to visit Waltzing Mouse to see what is there!Wishing you a sunny day.

Kelly S. said...

So delightful with that lovely scene tucked in the circle! Beautiful papers, too...great job!

Ruth M said...

What a charming card, love the rustic feel, so warm! The colouring is fab!

Pauline said...

Love the colouring on the cottage, and all the little shamrocks around the edge. Love the text and patterned paper too.

martita said...

haven't been hear for a pretty long time... but I see that you're still making gorgeous cards and leraning new things - that's great :) anyway, sending you warm thoughts and hugs! take care!

Rachel Webber said...

Wow, I love this card, it's amazing how two people using the same sketch can come up with things so different - I just adore what you've done!!!

Julia Aston said...

This wonderful Irish cottage is one of my fav's! love the papers and fun circles framing! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Antje said...

Love the image, fits with the background and the whole style of the card! Wonderful!

Heidi said...

Great card! The circle of different patterned circles is stunning around your beautiful cottage! Great job! I like Jane Austin's books too. I love your use of book pages.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a great card!! I was so happy to see you use this set - I have it too and have been stumped. I love your circle border and the papers you chose are perfect! Great job!

Claire Brennan said...

Oh this is so very sweet! Thanks for playing along Mary!

Charmaine Stack said...

This is a lovely card, Mary. I like the twine bow and the papers you used for the background, too.