Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bridal Shower Invites for a friend


A friend asked me to make some "spa" themed bridial shower cards.  This was the only image in my collection that came close to a "spa" theme. LOL!  But they loved them anyways.    It was nice to break out my Bella images again.    Does the layout look familar?  Yep...it's the same one for my challenge.   Check out my CHALLENGE post here and play along.

I colored my bella image with Copics, added some chunky glitter for the bubbles. 

Tip:  If you want to make a scallop around an image with a certain DP that you don't have a lot of, try cutting a bunch of little small circles and adding them around your image, like I did above. 

I had 12 cards to make, not a lot, but I didn't have enough of that adorable October Afternoon - Ducks in row paper to cut large scallop circles out of.  So I decided to use my SU! little circle punch.  It was a little time consuming.....but not to bad.  And I loved the end results.  I was able to take one 8x8 piece of DP and make it stretch for 12 cards.  I thought that was pretty cool!

The other pink circles are cut from PTI sweet blush CS.   Of coarse I used my white gel pen to add some stitching....because it looked a little plain.

That's all that I have for today.  The boys and I need to get ready for church.  I hope you have a super fantabulous Sunday!

Blessings,

Mary

Sharing the Love:  Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.  Psalm 101:6

4 comments:

Chrisd said...

So much fun. What a great idea to make paper stretch farther.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super duper card, Mary! No wonder eveyrone loved it cause it's terrific. What a great shower invite!

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Fabulous idea re the "faux" and frugal scalloping - especially if you don't need the extra weight of a full scallop or like you said, not wanting to waste the adorable DP! The sketch was a lot of fun to work with. :)

Susan said...

such a great card! adorable!