Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blackleaf Wednesday - Glitz




I am posting this a little early.... We have another challenge on the blackleaf studios blog to use the floral motif images to create a card that uses glitter, gems, etc.

I printed off the floral motif several times on an 8.5 x 11" cardstock.  I then sprayed the images with Turquoise Glimmer Mist (one of my all time fav. colors at the moment)   I then cut each motif out with my 1.5" punch and adhered it to a 1.75" black circle. I cut the black circle with my Martha Stewart circle cutter.

I then layerd the two circles and applied them to my card in a row.  I used my new Papertrey Ink 2010 anniversary set for the sentiment.  I curved the sentiment on my acrylic block.  I love how the card turned out.  You will be seeing this sketch some more.

Once everything was applied - I decided that it needed some more sparkle to fit the challenge of Glitz. LOL! I added some blue stickles.

Please visit the Blackleaf blog to join in on the fun!

Many Blessings,

Mary

Don't forget about my Challenge that is litsed below in this POST.

5 comments:

Tanvi Kapur said...

Love the card Mary...i wish we could see the glitz through a closer picture...

you must must share the curved sentiment trick with us through a video or step by step tutorial...

Tanvi Kapur said...

Love the card Mary...i wish we could see the glitz through a closer picture...

you must must share the curved sentiment trick with us through a video or step by step tutorial...

Bogner's said...

Mary, I love the close up picture of the glitz. I was so taken with your card I didn't realize it didn't have glitz!
So beautiful. I can't wait to find out how you did the sentiment!

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

What a unique card! I love your designs! Very beautiful Moe!

:-)

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love this Mary! What a super fabulous design!