Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blackleaf Studio - Blog Challenge


Think spring, bright colors, and lots of texture.  That's what the Challenge over at Blackleaf Studios Blog is all about.....Texture.

You can't really see but my back floal panel is embossed using my swiss dots cuttle bug folder.  IRL it looks cool!   I cut 2 clouds using my Cricut Expression and coverd the clouds with puffy white paint and glitter and heat set with my embossing gun, to get the puffy - glittery textured clouds.   The papers are all from Basic Grey - Lemonade 6x6 pack. I used an SU! paper punch on the grass element and the sentiment is from Amuse Art Stamps.  This is one of my all time favorite Amuse sentiments.  I finished off with a few rhinestones on the bunnies bow and in the corner for balance.

The main focal images are from the Bunny Fun  Digital set from Blackleaf Studios Shop.  I used the adorable Bunny and Sun image from the set. There is a duck, lamb, basket, grass, eggs, borders and much more packed into this digital set.

I added some Sakura clear glaze gel pen and a little Martha Stewart glitter to each image for added pop.  The images are also on diamentionals.

I will forever be an ink and rubber girl when it comes to this art.  With that said, Digital stamps and supplies have captured my creative side as well.  Mixing two of my favorite mediums for art is heavenly.  I have listed a few benefits of using digital images below.

Benefits of using Digital Images:

  1. Pre-colored images makes for extremely easy card making. 

  2. You can print it and cut it out in the matter of minutes. 

  3. You can still use regular stamping Techniques to your digital stamps.  Like applying a little glaze or glitter accent to your card, dry embossing and there are many, many, more.

  4. Minimal time commitment. You can make a card it 5 minutes or less and walk out the door with a hybrid - homemade card to give to your special friend or loved one.  

  5. Digital images are adorable and perfect for creating quick and easy cards.
  6. Digital Images are perfect if you are on  a strict budget. 
 Give Digital a try, if you haven't already and you won't be disappointed.

Don't miss out on a chance to participate in this weeks Blackleaf Studio's Blog Challenge.  You are able to download freebies.....HERE and you can win some ubery - yummy BLS digital products.

Thank you for stopping by today and check out the rest of the DT to be inspired to create with these lovely images. 

Martha (Guest Designer)


Many Blessings to you,

Mary

Sharing the Love:  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  Hebrews 11:1

4 comments:

Primitive Paper said...

Mary, great card and SUPER instructions for using Digi's! I love all of the soft colors you have used here and the combination of texturesis truely striking.

Bogner's said...

Mary, I am loving your card. Your clouds turned out so awesome! Thanks for the Breakdown of Benefits of using digital! Great points!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a cute, happy card! What great details -- Love the clouds and sun with the bunny.

Heather Grow said...

I love it. It's so springy. Hope you are having a great weekend.