Friday, February 05, 2010

Clearly Delightful Blog Challenge

Card #1

Card #2

I am so excited to share with you some awesome, fun news!!!  I was selected by the talented Laurie Wilson, to be apart of her Clearly Delightful Blog Challenge DT !  Can you believe it!!?!?!?? I am sooo excited! 

This is the adorable image that Laurie sent us.  Isn't this ducky adorable!?   I had so much fun watercoloring this image on the first card and using my copics on the second card.  On the first card I was going for a slightly vintage look.   I left the colors a little mutted...I love the look. The second card is a bit more cheery and still it has a vintage flare.  How, sweet is that!

Please join us on the 5th of every month to play along in Laurie Wilson's - Clearly Delightful Blog Challenge.  I can't wait to see your creations!  Click on the link above for all the details.
Make sure you stop by the other Blog Challenge DT members for uber amounts of inspriation to get your creative juices flowing.

Laurie Wilson <-- Click here to get the details on her Blog Challenge
Pat Dadisman
Carla Hiebert
Georgia Ehrmann
Tricia Traxler


Deets on Card #1:   Image:  Clearly Delightful Blog Challenge Digital Image by Laurie Wilson.   Paper:  Card Base from SU! So Saffron, Cosmo Cricket Mini Deck - Nutmeg and Early Bird Collections, Drk Choco CS from PTI, Printed image on 80lb watercolor paper. Ink: SU! reinkers - So Saffron, Pacific Blue, Creamy Caramel, Really Rust.  Accessories:  Gross grain ribbon from PTI-Auqa Mist, and SU! scallop punch.  The sentiment is printed on the same watercolor paper as the ducky and I used Another Typewriter font.

Deets on Card #2:  I used the same adorable image from Laurie Wison and printed him on Gina K's Pure Luxery card stock and colored him with my Copics.  I used my exacto knife and cut a small slit on each side of his neck to insert my ribbon and tied a bow.  I used my new October Afternoon Designer paper - Ducks in a Row and Road map. (Love their papers!) The sentiment is hand written using signo white gel pen.

Thank you for stopping by today and Many Blessings!!!

Mary

Sharing the Love:  Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; Colossians 4:2

12 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Mary, how cute! Love your duckies! Fabulous cards!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Awww these are both just fabulous. Your coloring is amazing and love the papers you used to. And that bow is too cute on the duck!

Lisa Foster said...

These are both sooo adorable! I love your coloring! Fantastic & sweet cards!
Hugs,
Lisa

Tricia said...

Oh, how precious!!! I love the Just Ducky card - What a great sentiment! And the bow around the second ducky's neck is adorable! Great Cards!

Heather Grow said...

Both cards are so cute. And, good luck with the new DT. It sounds like a fun team to be on.

Janet said...

Mary - these are so adorable. Congratulations on your new DT position - I can't wait to see what all comes our way.

Have a great weekend

Janet

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Mary, so very pretty and the bow on your second card is darling! Makes me want to adopt her!! LOL!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is awesome mary! and I love the added touch with the ribbon on the second one. Too cute!

Chrisd said...

What great news and wishing so many exciting adventures ahead for you!That duck is so very cute.Hugs from Michigan

Laurie tx stamper said...

These cards are so adorable! I like how you separated the sentiment on the first one and the bow on the duck neck is a precious accent on the second! Coloring is awesome on both!

Cheryl said...

I love your duckies! Both are just adorable. Amazing coloring!

K. Joy said...

Both of your cards are really cute! I love your watercoloring and copic-coloring! Love the layout of the first card and the bow in the second. ;)