Saturday, January 23, 2010

Vintage Eye Exam



A while ago I had purchased a packed of yummy vintage findings from 7 Gypsies and have never used them. For some reason I felt the need to hoard them. It would have been cool if I decided to display them, while hoarding them...you know for decoration....but no. The yummy vintage finding where all nice and cozy in there packaging stuffed into a secret place...where all my "special" items go that I hoard. LOL!


I decided to get all of my "special" items out and begin to use them. Why let them sit in a drawer all pretty and unused. I make no sense...LOL! But I know you do the same thing....(shhh! I'll keep that secret...LOL!)

I had made the card base a while back to and decided to use that card base up. I tend to make several cards at once, when I get a chance to sit down and craft. Because I normally don't make cards daily. I make cards once or twice a month. So then I try to make several at a time for me to use or give as gifts. I made a set of cards a while back that used the uber yummy October Afternoon-Cherry Hill paper and had stitched it to a white card base and there it sat in my "special" items drawer.

Needless to say I have been a very small dent in my horde of "special" items. I have made a goal of not purchasing any more "new" items until most of my old stuff is gone....and that's a little scarry....cause I like to pick a peice or two of paper here or there and buy packaged of paper when I have a 40% off coupon....and well - I am going to try very hard to stick to using up my old papers and embellishements, before purchasing new ones. I might use this as part of a Moe Joe Challenge soon, too.

Blessings to you and thanks for stopping by today!

Mary

Sharing the Love: The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved. Psalm 93:1

4 comments:

Ravengirl said...

Love your card! Thanks for sharing about the hoarding. I would be totally interested in a challenge about using some of my "special items" that have been tucked away. I have told myself the same thing about not buying new until I can use some of the things I already have. Do you think that could be part of the disease we call crafting?

martita said...

oh my, I have the same ;) I keep all "good" things and never use them :)

Apple paper is adorable and whole card is really cute :)

Linda B said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! I LOVE your new blog design!! Simply beautiful:D

Heather Grow said...

I love your card. Yes, you called it, I'm a hoarder. I love your idea of making several card bases at a time. Then, when you feel creative, you have the boring part out of the way.