Sunday, December 20, 2009

Blog Candy and Birthday stuff





Samuel had a Birthday party to go to yesterday in between his rehearsals. This was the card I was able to whip out in under 5 mintues! Gotta love that!!!


We used some oldie but goodies. Samuel pulled out an older Stampin' Up! stampset...toy box or something like that and he wanted me to use the robot. A couple of weeks ago I found some uber yummy Cosmo Cricket, Jack's World paper pack for 75% off. Yes! 75% off that means I spent $3 on an awesome pack of paper. I know that Jack's World is old, in context to the submission world of paper crafting...but because I have been on a tight budget for some time now....I never purchased Jack's World, even though it's totally adorable! So it was a total score and I'll use it and isn't that what it's all about. Using products you love and it doesn't matter if it's the latest or not. I say that because I can get so caught up in the "newest" product releases and must haves, that I forget about ALL the stuff I do have. Do you know what I mean?

I also used my Lg. scallop EK success punch. Since the paper is double sided I was able to use a 1/6 of a sheet to complete this card and just flipped the DP over for the top and bottom for some visual interest. I also had some fun twine reg. and red...added that extra touch with making it tooo girlie! LOL!

Colored the robot in with Copics and used my glaze pen to make it shine. The final touch was adding some white gel pen hightlights and faux stiching.

It took me longer to type up my blog post about how I made the card, than in actually making it. LOL!

Blog Candy:

I hope you have a super duper Christmas week...can you believe that it's only 5 days away! Whooo hoo! Are you all ready? I think we are. Of coarse there could always be more we can do...but I have tried to make it a point around our home to enjoy the season - despite the business and slow it down and bring this Christmas season back to the main reason. How about you?

Please share with me how you celebrate the Christmas season? What are some of your favorite family traditions that make you stop a moment and think of what the real reason for the season is?

Out of those who feel like sharing, I will draw one name using random generator on Monday, Dec. 28, 2009 for some small blog candy. (I'll get a picture up soon.....before 12/28) The blog candy will include a small stamp set or two, some fun embellishments and other fun stuff. You won't be disappointed.

Blessings to you!


Mary

4 comments:

Shawna said...

Hello Mary --- our family starts the day after Thanksgiving by going and cutting our tree. Around the 10th of Dec. I have the grandkids over and we decorate the tree,put the lights up outside, etc. I do daily Advent readings beginning Dec 1st. The week before Christmas I take the grands for a ride around town to enjoy everyone's Christmas lights. This year my five year old, Zachary, was delighted to see Baby Jesus in several yards. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Our tradition was to fly down from Alaska for Thanksgiving and Christmas at mom's. This is our first year in many that we aren't gonna be home at mom's. This year we will be heading to our church's candle light service and then off to Grandma's.

What a blessing to have family and to be celebrating Jesus' birth.

:-)

Mattie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mattie said...

What my family does for Christmas is that we (me and the rest of my family) spend Christmas Eve with my moms mother and our Great Grandma. Then on Christmas me and my sisters and our parents open the presents from 'santa' then later we head over to my dads moms house and get a present from them and stay there for a LONG time. Then we head home and open our many Christmas cards. Then we all play with our new toys and maybe go shopping. But for breakfast we ALWAYS have cinnimon rolls.
I know that was a bit jumbled but we do a bunch of stuff.
Thanks for letting me share
Mattie