Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My version of an Advent Calendar...



Well I am showing you the finished project before all the good stuff.... LOL!

What happened was I took all the photo's of each individual piece of the advent calendar and didn't check the picture quality before proceeding to make the finished product.  (Well it's almost done...this gives you a good idea.)

So I am doing things a little backwards...I am showing you the finished product and after thanksgiving I will show you each individual piece.




As you can see it is a little rustic and that is how I wanted it.  There are so many thing that you can do differently than I did to step up the project. But this suits our needs and this is the old school homemade style I was going for.

So check back after Thanksgiving...some time early next week and I will have the detailed photo's, instructions, the story behind why I choose this and some more ideas.   I feel like I am being mean....but you'll have to wait.....sorry...=(

There are so many great ways that are economical and full of family fun to count down the days to Christmas....Ok I'll give a little hint...our version of the advent calendar includes a little journaling...(It's not overwhelming...becuase if it was I wouldn't commit to it...but it's a fun and easy way to get the whole family involved and it is a special way to remember Christmas and the real reason for the season, Jesus Christ.)

I hope this will get your creative juices flowing.....

Blessings and I will see you soon! 

Hope you have a super safe and blessed Thanksgiving!!!!!

Mary

2 comments:

Chrisd said...

Can't wait to see. Just love the rustic look... plus each is unique!Thanksgiving Blessings and hugs from Michigan

Shawna said...

Such a cute idea! Looking forward to seeing the finished calendar..........and Happy Thanksgiving@