Friday, November 20, 2009

Gina K - Blog Hop



Well I love, love, love Gina K Designs stamps. I use them all the time and a lot of the time, I don't get photos of them because I make gifts and use them up quickly. My family hordes all the cards that I make with my Gina K stamps! It's too funny and very sweet that they love me so much. 


My aunt and some of our family friends, that I make cards for - don't even use the cards. LOL! They display them around their house and my cards have become part of their decorations. Well that is soooo flattering. I am blessed with such sweet, kind and supportive family and friends.  Make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Well I saw this month over that Gina K is having their first every customer Blog Hop and I HAVE to be a part of that! So I made a set of Christmas cards using the new and totally awesome stamp set from Nina Brackett call Vintage Borders...I mean seriously-when I saw the previews of this set....I said to myself "Where have you been ALL my life?!!??" LOL! I know that's a little dramatic - but I can be that way sometimes. (Some of you know that already...LOL!)

This stamp set is a must have and I find that it's becoming a fast favorite already. It has never left my sight....it's on my work table along with a few of my other stamping staples. The stamp set is full of trendy images - scallops, and scallops with grid, sheet music... (Seriously how stinkn' cool is the sheet music!!! I don't know about you but those few patterned paper pack that have the sheet music, I horde and only use bits and pieces - afraid I'll run out. I hope I am not the only weird-o that does that...LOL!) Well I don't have to horde anymore because I can make my own sheet music patterned paper now with this stamp set. Tooo cool!

Sharing my Thoughts:
Christmas is my favorite time of year!  We get to celebrate the birth of my Savoir - Jesus Christ!!!  I love the smells, sights, sounds and memories of  Christmas.  And having kids always make Christmas even more special. 
I am making an advent Calendar this year. (When I get it done - I'll show you and have some directions for you too, if you want to make your own.) 
I am going to have a little twist on our advent calendar.  We'll have not only the traditional piece of candy & symbols of Christmas (like the manger, animals, shepards, angel, etc.)  but we will have the opportunity to give thanks for everything we have.  This has been a rough year for so many people and being laid off myself, we have had our share of ups and downs...but through it all GOD has blessed us.  GOD has meet our every need and even exceeded our needs and has blessed us beyond measure.  So I think it is only fitting that we Celebrate Christmas by giving GOD thanks for everything he has done and for who He is. 

We are also going to sponsor a family this year.  There are so many people that are going through such a rough time and we have been so blessed that I have asked the boys to sponser a family for my Birthday present this year (My Birthday is Dec. 8) and when I shared with them my desire to bless others as my gift, they were on board and only had a few questions.  What an awesome teachable moment that was.  I love those times and cherish those moments.

Ok - sorry for rambling on....but hey it is my blog...LOL!!!

The deets on the card above: 
The layout is a CASE from K. Werner. (Love her sketches!) 
Stamps:  Gina K Designs - Vintage Borders, CHF - Polka Dot Background stamp
Ink:  Pure Poppy and Vintage Cream - Hybrid PTI ink, White Signo Gel Pen
Paper:  Cosmo Cricket - Jolly By Golly DP, PTI - Kraft, Pure Poppy, and Drk Choco CS.
Accessories: Stampin' Up-Scallop punch and Martha Stewart- Snowflake punch

For more inspiration using Gina K Design stamps, please visit Gina K and take part in her Blog Hop.

Thanks for stopping by today and many, many blessings being sent your way!

Mary

26 comments:

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh this is beautiful in that red and kraft color combo!!!

JenMarie said...

Oh this is BEAUTIFUL!

Carla (cmsuto) said...

Very pretty card! Love the color combo!

Melissa Cash said...

Great card Mary! Glad you joined in the hop. You're right about this stamp set......it is AWESOME!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful creation, Mary! Happy Holidays!

Selma said...

Beautiful card. Love the red and kraft combination.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so pretty! I love the CAS design, it really catches your eye.

joy said...

What a happy card! You have done a lovely job.

redwasher1 said...

Your card is fantastic!!

Banu said...

Awesome card. :) Loved it. I had to order this set finally after seeing all these beautiful creations.

Theresa Momber said...

Mary, your card is so beautiful! I love the colors you used. Great details!

Linda said...

Gorgeous card!

Giovana said...

Awesome card!

Janice M said...

Very Pretty card!!

Stampin' Pam said...

Red and kraft - GREAT color combo - super job.

Christi said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love it! I can't wait to see your advent calendar!

Patti J said...

Your card is lovely!!! Can't wait to see your advent calendar! TFS...

Katy said...

Your card is so pretty, love the colors!

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

Just beautiful! And yes, I too horde certain papers and supplies! Thank you for sharing about sponsoring a family and how God has still watched over you through these difficult times. It means so much to me that people still praise Him. God bless you!
~ky

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

So sweet Moe. Thanks for reminding me to give more.

Love your card!

:-)

Brenda said...

Beautiful card, I love the colors.

StaceyJeannette said...

Beautiful card Mary, Love your blog.

NinaB said...

I so enjoyed reading your post, Mary. I love your card and thank you for the encouraging comments about my stamp set. I've hoarded those sheet music papers, too.

As much as I love your card, I love it even more reading about your thoughts. God is indeed good ALL the time. We often forget that when difficulties come our way. But, God is always aware of us and we always have much to be thankful for. Thank you for sharing your heart. I so enjoy reading posts that give thanks and glory to our Savior. I'm so glad I found your blog, too, now I can follow. I want to see your Advent calendar. I've always wanted to make one, but don't even know where to start. I have limited supplies here in Croatia. Have a blessed Lord's day!

Sharri Seffens said...

Mary, Beautiful card! I love the kraft and red together!

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a beautiful design...love the colors you used and the ornaments look sooo pretty stamped on the kraft!!!!

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous!