Friday, August 28, 2009

Don' t Fret Dearie....

I made this set of cards for my cousin as a birthday present. Her husband Pastors a church where we live and I know that she uses cards to encourage others. So, Dawn's scattered showers set, it totally perfect for encouragement cards. I used scripture essentials 1 from Cornish Heritage Farms....love the font!


I used Proverbs 3:5 & 6:
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Perfect scripture for encouragement....don't you think?
I heat embossed the umbrella and cut out the inside portion of the image, so the scripture can show through the front.

I used some super yummy Lemonade collection from Basic Grey. I also made my own card box. Too much fun! Made a clear box lid and tied a bow to hold it all together.

Here is the collection of cards.....They all have the same image, sentiment and scripture. All the papers are from the Lemonade collection. Super easy to make with a unique flair that you can't get from the stores.
Thoughts:
Well I have been saying that I'd share a story with you and since the cards above are about encouragement.....I'll take the que and share some encouragement with you.
I recently had a conversation with a friend, who feels like she's in a pit. Well we have all been there. It reminded me of a story that I once heard about an old goat that feel into a dried up well. The farmer was so upset and searched and searched for the goat. Finally the farmer found that his goat fell into the dried up well. The farmer knew how deep the well was and couldn't get the goat out with a ladder or rope. So the farmer started filling the old well, with dirt and debris.
Now if I were the goat....I'd be confused. I'd feel like was being buried alive. How could my care taker just bury me alive? I didn't mean to fall in the well... it's not fair! Isn't he going to help me? I was just walking and fell. If I was this goat, I would be tempted to give up. Especially after shovel, after shovel, after shovel full of dirt and debris kept falling upon me.... The farmer knew that the only way to get the goat out was to fill the well with dirt and debris, so the goat can climb out the well. The farmer wasn't trying to bury the goat alive, he was saving the goat...
Each time the goat was dumped on, he used the dirt and debris as a stepping stone, like the farmer designed. The goat didn't give up and allow himself to be buried alive. He used the dirt and debris to make a stronger foundation under him and that foundation lifted him out of the dried up well (or pit).
I know that we are not goats...but we can learn a lot from this old goat, that refused to be buried alive. See life will sometimes put us in a dried up well/pit. There are times when we make the pit ourselves with poor decisions and sometimes we are walking along and fall into well/pit that we didn't dig.
We have a farmer that knows our troubles and how to get us out of our pits of discouragement, loneliness, anger, misunderstanding and bitterness. There are times when God can lift us up out of the pits in a moment and then there are times, when the pit is there to provide us a stronger foundation.
During these seasons of life, God has not abandoned us. God is with us every step of the way. See the pits in our life are not suppose to break us, but make us. We may not understand why all these bad things are happening. You may ask yourself what have I done to deserve this? This isn't how I thought my life would be? This isn't what I signed up for..... Where is God? I have lived for you Lord, I thought he loved me?
God isn't trying to punish us but God is allowing our foundations to become stronger. Our relationship with the Lord will be strengthen through prayer, reading the word. Our faith and trust will grow stronger. God is allowing us to become more like him and grow closer to him.
Remember Ecclesiastes 3:1:
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
and Ecclesiastes 3:6 says:
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
We love a time to get... and over look a time lose.... Life isn't perfect and won't be. Things are not fair on this side of eternity. But, we do have hope and a faithful God, who loves us so much that he wants us to become more like him. He loves us so much to help us out of the pits of life, either by doing it for us or equipping us to get out ourselves, through prayer, the Word, faith and trust.
We have a peace that passes all understanding....
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:6
and Romans 8:28 says:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
There is so much to share, and so many more scriptures.....but this post is already uber long. My desire and prayer is that you are encouraged if you are going through a rough season and don't understand why. Know that God loves you and is with you every step of the way. God is for you!
Many Blessings and have a great day!
Mary


3 comments:

martita said...

story about goat is full of wisdom, you are right that sometimes we don't understand things that happen but it realy have a meaning. Thank's for the story.

Cards as always are incredible! <3 I love the idea of umbrelas :)

btw. I'm starting to worry about my letter! hope you will get it soon...

Chrisd said...

Wonderful story and wisdom reminder... Everyone goes through rough patches but the Lord is always with them even when they forget!
Love that card!I have a card ministry project at our church that I am in charge of and run.

Anonymous said...

Love your cards, hearing the music as I browse and most of all the words of encouragement as I walk through a dark night of the soul.