Friday, July 10, 2009

Teapot Trio


First off I want to apologize for the quality of the photo. This was a Birthday gift and I can no longer retake the photo...UGH!!! Oh well....the colors are Aqua Mist and Pure Poppy from PTI.
I used the Tea for Two stamp set and the Desktop Stationary from My Timeless Templates to make this Birthday gift.
Some personal thoughts to share....
I have been reading a book on and off called Dare to Dream...then do it, by John C. Maxwell.
There is a quote that really speaks to me in this book. Like most people in the US we have had our ups and downs concerning job layoffs. I haven't share this on my blog, because I always want it to be upbeat and a place of encouragement.
The Lord reminded me that during our low times when our lives do not seem to be all put together, God can use those imperfections in our lives to encourage others. (And that is my prayer in sharing this with you.)
At the end of May, I was laid off from my job. This is a mixed blessings as I have been battling some health issues. I thanked God for knowing what is best. I have been able to be home and spend time with my boys as I search weekly for a job. I haven't had any success at being hired as of yet and not worried either. I have put all my trust and faith in God. He has never let me down and God always has our best insterests at hand, even when we don't understand what he is doing. (Philippians 4:7: And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.)
Last week I was a bit overwhelmed with circumstances. I had been praying for God to give me a word. He did. Last Sunday a gentleman from church walked up to me and said "I have a scripture for you." Praise God!!! God does hear and answer our ever prayer. He gave me Zachariah 4:7: (Amplified Bible)

For who are you, O great mountain [of human obstacles]? Before Zerubbabel [who with Joshua had led the return of the exiles from Babylon and was undertaking the rebuilding of the temple, before him] you shall become a plain [a mere [a]molehill]! And he shall bring forth the finishing gable stone [of the new temple] with loud shoutings of the people, crying, Grace, grace to it!
He said I want you to draw from this scripture and pray....to the Mountains in your life to be thou a molehill.
We truly serve a great God! God answered my request to receive a word of direction concerning the situations that we are facing.
This brings me back to my point...I was reading Maxwell's book and this quote spoke me.
"Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached to top. Then you will see how low it was." Dag Hammarskjolo - Swedish Diplomat
So be encouraged if you are facing a mountain or two....you can also pray Zachariah 4:7 into your situation.
Many Blessings to you!
Mary

3 comments:

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Mary.

Just last night as I was going to bed I was struggling with some of my mountains. I am encouraged by your post.

Thanks,
~nance

Elaine M said...

I'll keep you in my prayers - your blog is always so encouraging to me - feel like you're family.
blessings - elaine - mtn.moven.faith@comcast.net

martita said...

I love your blog, because your works incpire me, but I like it also because in your words is so much love and trust in God that it gives me energy... thank you! hugs! :)