Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Camper

I just love this set from Kim Hughes Collection at CHF....and had to do a scene with it for this weeks challenge. We are at challenge #4

My boys went camping with some friends yesterday for one night and will be home sometime today. So I wanted to make this card for the men who took my boys and a few others out to have some camping "boy" fun.

My boys were able to bring their pocket knives....Yeah it's a good thing I'm not there. I don't why I said they could purchase pocket knives with their money...LOL! What was I thinking!?!?!!?!? This way they can learn how to use them and I am not telling them to "stop" playing with them before they get hurt. LOL!

I girlie-fied the card a bit....I have a purple snail that is all glittery and the tent is blue, but it too is all glittery. I used my spica pens. I also added a bit of glittery goodness to the fire.
I used puffy paint for the marshmallows and the snow capped mountains. I slightly colored the marshmallows with my copic marker (sand color) to make it appear to be toasted....too fun!


I hope you are having a great week so far!!!

Thank for stopping by and many blessings,

Mary


Stamps: Bear Hugs
Paper: Kraft and Drk Choco CS
Ink: Memento Blk Ink, and Copic Markers

1 comment:

martita said...

it's such a lovely card :) and also great gift for men that took your boys on camp :) it was actually smart with those pocket knives... when CampMaster gonna tell them to look out it sounds better than hear it from mom :) at least in this age :)