Saturday, June 06, 2009

Wedding Saturday!

I hope you are having a super duper Saturday! This Saturday my best friend's son got married. The wedding was beautiful and modern. I have been working on some small projects for them. It was a lot of fun and they were so appreciative and so sweet about it. They are a beautiful couple and God's hand is upon their life!

This is the card that I made them. I followed the Sketch from Gina K Designs, Stamp TV. Awesome sketch! I scored some envelopes for $ 0.50 (25 envies in each package) at my local Sears Grand store that is going out of business. You can't beat that! The sizes are a little different, but hey that's cool with me! This card measures 7" x 3.75". Anyways....back to the awesome sketch....make sure you check out Gina K's, StampTV. The stamps I used are from Cornish Heritage Farms.


This is the gift I made them. It's a dollar frame from Michael's. I white washed the whole frame, front and back. I did this so that some of the wood grain would show through. Then I painted some swirly like thingies. Their main wedding colors where Turquoise and Apricot. I used some Turquoise in the frame and I had to use my favorite green from Ranger called Lettuce. I wanted the frame to look shabby, folk arty, and home spun like feeling....I think I accomplished that....part of me wants to re due it....but I can't because I already gave it to them at the wedding today. I used PTI's Life stamp set. So, what do you think?


The Bride asked me to a few scrapbook pages for her guest book. She used a 12 x 12 scrapbook for her guest book. I thought that was a totally awesome and unique idea. So every other page was left blank, the guest enjoyed a few pictures of the couple and they were able to share their warm encouraging thoughts with the couple. Now I normally don't scrapbook, but I am totally loving it. I can see more and more scrapbook pages in the future of my boys. That is a goal of mine for this summer is to take some fun pictures of the boys and scrap our summer together. Please share your thoughts with me about my layouts. (Some of the pictures of the pages have glare on the photos, because I used my flash...whoops! and I can't retake the photos....)
Thanks for reading about our busy last few days.....It was beautiful being a small part of their special day!
Many Blessings!
Mary













No comments: