Thursday, January 08, 2009

My first post in 2009


I can't believe that it's taken me this long to post. I had fun making this cake for a friend's baby shower on Saturday. This is my first diaper cake. It was super easy to put together. (Thanks to all of you who put together tutorials!) I googled diaper cake and a bunch of easy tutorials came up. I browsed a few and got the basic information and went to town on making my own.
My friend Wendy is having a baby boy. They are so excited. This is truly a miracle baby. They have been trying for a really long time with ups and downs...and they will be welcoming their new bundle of joy in just a couple of months. Too exciting!!!
I used pampers newborn diapers to make this cake. It was a package of 72 and I didn't need to use them all. (Just to give you an idea of the size.)
The boys and I found this cute polka dot ribbon at Hobby Lobby this afternoon to finish off the cake. I am pleased with how it turned out. Do you like?
As you can see I used some Kim Hughes stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms.
The top of the cake has 6 "onesie" roses on the top. (It looks much cuter IRL...you can't really see the "onesie - roses". The ribbon curls are kind of covering them up.
I forgot to take a picture of the onesies before rolling them up. I stamped on each one with Kim Hughes stamps. They are so cute....(sorry no pic.)
Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone is have a fantabulous day!
Many Blessings!!!
Mary
Deets: Stamps: Kim Hughes Collection - Little Guy, Number Fun, and Baby Love. Paper: Pure Poppy and Stampers White PTI CS. Ink: Pure Poppy PTI Hybrid, Staz-On Azur, and Drk Choco Brown PTI Hybrid. Accessories: Labels One and Plain Labels Nesties, Blue and Red Curling ribbon, 2" polka dot ribbon. Baby items: diapers, nuks, onsies, 8 oz bottle.

3 comments:

爬树的猪 said...

it's a nice cake. But i want to ask whether it can be eat?

Janet Bagnall said...

Mary - this is a great diaper cake. I love the colors and adding the stamps make it extra special, especially the little robot. It is great and your friend is going to love it. Have fun at the shower. You will have to let us know how it went.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh my word that is awesome!!! what a great diaper cake...totally too fun!