Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Frog Prince


Catchy title? No story behind the title....I was trying to have a catchy title. LOL!
Basic Grey and Making Memories meets Kim Hughes stamps - from Cornish Heritage Farms.
I love how this card turned out. I am try to add a few cards to my stash for the boys a couple times a month. My boys love receiving cards of encouragement. (But who wouldn't!)
I have a story to share with you to encourage you to speak positive, uplifting words into your children's life. (I desperately needed this reminder today and I hope it blesses you as it has me.)
The Vision of Future Greatness
When Luciono Pavarottie was a boy, his grandmother put him on her lap and said, "You're going to be great, you'll see." And this she often repeated into his life...blessing him with great vision of the future.
His mother hoped and dreamed of him becoming a banker. "Instead," Pavarotti explains, "I ended up teaching elementary school and sang only infrequently. But my father constantly prodded me and said I singing below my potential."
Finally, at the age of twenty-two, Pavarotti dumped teaching for selling life insurance to give him enough time and earning in order to develop his vocal talent. He went to school, he took private lessons and practiced and practiced.
"Studying voice was the turning point of my life." says the world famous opera star. "It's a mistake to take the safe path in life. If I hadn't listened to my father and dropped teaching, I would never be here. And yes, my teacher groomed me. But no teacher ever told me I would become famous. Just my grandmother!"
The power of the spoken word into the life of a child can be life changing. When you think of it...the tongue holds the power of blessing or cursing, building up or tearing down, encouraging or discouraging.
Mother, grandmother, stop and think with me....what kind of words have you been speaking into the ears of the children you love? When you bless with your words....you are giving approval, you are giving permission to succeed, you are raising the sights, you are creating a future vision, you are releasing that child to do and become all that they can be!
Excellence
"None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when she listens to the whisper which is heard by her alone." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of our hand to do so.
- Proverbs 3:27
Have a wonderful day full of encouragement!
Many Blessings!
Mary
Deets: Stamps: Little Guy-Cornish Heritage Farms. Paper: Basic Grey, Making Memories - Journal spot. Ink: Dark Chocolate Hybrid - PTI, SU! Re-inkers and a gold gel pen for the crown. Accessories: May Arts Cream Silk Ribbon- (Yummy!)

1 comment:

martita said...

card is very nice but the story is amazing and so real...