Friday, October 17, 2008

Presents


Good Morning fellow bloggers!
I have been gone for a while. =) I am back - well sort of! Praise God, I do have a computer with some new software and that is always exciting!
I am still looking for a car and know God is directing our steps.
I wanted to share this photo with you. This was a gift I gave a friend of mine for her birthday. I went with a shabby type of them and the gifts are filled with......what else.....but stamps!
I am feeling sentimental and so thankful to God for his bountiful blessings! We are blessed!
I am preparing for my Mom's birthday and it's lots of fun...so when I get done making the gifts I will have to share with you.
I am leaving you with a funny "Mom" story from one of my devotionals. I hope it puts a smile on your face. It did mine. =)
MOMMY SAY....
When our daughter Laura was three-years-old, she had a slight speech problem...enunciating her "Rs" and certain other sounds. At this time we were expecting our third child, Katie. If Katie happened to be a boy, we were naming him Joseph. Try as she might, Laura could not say Joseph. She pronounced it "Jofus." I remember trying to help her. I would get down on my knees, cup her little chin in my hands and look into her eyes. I would say, "Now, Laura, say 'Jo'."
And she would say, "Jo."
Then I would say, "Now, Laura, say 'Seph'."
And she would say, "Seph."
"Now, Laura, say 'Joseph'."
And she would say "Jofus." She just couldn't get it.
One summer day, shortly before Katie was born, I was out back playing whiffleball with Laura and her older brother, David, who was five. The big deal was to hit the ball over the fence for a home run. David had done it.....but Laura had never achieved this feat. Well...on this particular day she connected with one and hit it out for a home run! She circled the yard and was very excited.
About then, her mother, Shelly, came out to the back yard and Laura yelled, "Mommy! Mommy! I hit a home run! I hit a home run!" But Shelly couldn't understand her rapid fire speech and asked Laura to please repeat it.
I'll never forget the scene...totally frustrated, Laura walked over to her mother, pulled her down to eye level, cupped Shelly's child in her hands, looking into her eyes and said, "Mommy, say 'home.....run'."
The short chapter ends with this.....
A SMALL GIRL'S ESSAY ON PARENTS:
"The trouble with parents is they are so old when we get them, it's hard to change their habits." -Elanor Doane
Too cute!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and wish me luck car hunting!
Many Blessings!
Mary

1 comment:

Al said...

Omigosh, my daughter did the same thing from about 3-4! We have a family friend, Miss Joseph. She couldn't say "Joseph" for thel ife of her. For her it was "Miss Jovis"
LOL!!! Oh my goodness your post brought back great memories! Thank you!