Saturday, August 16, 2008

Text Messages


Is there a stamp set in your collection that you use, but you never get pictures of ?!?!?!??? Well I have several of those stamps sets and this set from Gina K Designs is one of them. I purchased this stamp set a while ago and have used it lots....yet...I have no pictures.
I just lovey this concept of a cell phone with text messaging....how cool is that!!! I have had a cell phone for several years and this is the first year that I've gotten into texting. (I know way behind the times...) Texting is so much fun and it totally has it's own language. When I first started texting and I am still learning....I got the easy abbreviations like, 2 for to, b for be, and u for you. I even know what LOL is! There were a few that stumped me and I had to ask what they meant. LOL!
I made this card last week for a friend. I think she'll get a kick out of it.
I used the rock n' roll technique on the flower. I used two different ink colors, Ranger Shell pink and Watermelon. (Yummy colors!). It's a super duper easy technique that everyone knows. You stamp the flower into your lightest ink color (Shell Pink) and then rock the edges of flower stamp in the darker color (Watermelon). I love how the flowers turned out. Also, I broke down and purchased my first set of nesties. I used the largest of the small rectangle scallop set.
The phone is also popped up on dimensional. I used my Copic markers to color in the phone. I used my Copic Sketch, R39 Garnet, and my Copic Ciao, RV21 Light Pink. (I only own 7 Copics...not a very large collection and it is a mixture of Sketch and Ciao.)
Deets: Stamps: Text Messages - Gina K Designs, Ink: By Ranger- Shell Pink and Watermelon, Accessories: Yummy Neapolitan Ribbon from Ribbons and Bows Oh My, and Scallop nesties.
Thanks for Stopping by today and sorry it's taken me all week to post.
Many Blessings and have a wonderful weekend!
Mary

1 comment:

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Very fun card! I like how the flowers blend so well with the ribbon.

:-)