Thursday, July 31, 2008

Surfs Up

My boys have tons of birthday parties to go this month between family and friends.

I feel so guilty buying cards, when I have a whole closet full stamps and supplies to make a bazillion cards...... But I am finding it difficult to make some "cool" boy cards and at times get frustrated and go buy a store bought card....

I am challenging myself to think outside the box and make a few boy cards that are "cool". Which means super duper simple...My 11 year old will be helping me, since it's his friends that are getting older. I hope to share a few creations with you this weekend.

If you have some simple, clean, outside the box cards for boys, please leave me a comment with a link to your card for some inspiration.

Deets:
Stamps: Surfafella by Stampingbella, PTI - Birthday Basics, CHF Grid Paper BG
Ink: Jet Black Staz-on, SU! Re-inkers, Copic glitter pens
Accessories: 3 small circles for the side of the image.

Have a great day!!!


Mary

4 comments:

huntla1 said...

I feel your pain on the male/boy cards. I have a bunch of those to do myself. I execute some better than others. If you want to pop over to my gallery on SCS (I am far from a pro like you) but maybe you can get some ideas. My gallery is huntla1. As I said, I have done a fair number of boy cards.

Angie said...

Hi Mary, I always read your blog but rarely comment, but I thought I'd help you out with some boy card ideas. I made a couple cards for my boys a while back and they loved them. They were simple to make with not much embelishment. Here's a link to the post I did with them on there. I hope it helps you out! http://angiesaspiringart.blogspot.com/2008/04/its-about-time-for-card.html

Keri Lee Sereika said...

I love this one! So fresh and cute esp for guys!

PaperCutting Kind of Day said...

Perfect for a GUY card - Wonderful job of coloring the image in.