Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cast All Your Cares


I found this wonderful stamp set in my collection. I used it a few times and then put it away and forgot about it. Well I pulled this set out again and I love it! All the images in this set are beautiful and fun to watercolor!
I just love 1 Peter 5:7. Paper Trey Ink has so many wonderful stamp sets and I seem to keep going back to Everyday Blessings again and again.
Thoughs for the day:
The word PEACE comes to mind when I see this cottage. I see myself in Ireland at this little cottage near the coast relaxing, talking with the locals, listening to their stories and then the word "REALITY" comes crashing in as I hear the alarm going off, and then we're off getting the kids fed and ready to go to school, traffic jams, deadlines, homework, and oh my goodness I need to make dinner. This can sometime be a snap shot of our lives. It seems hard to have Peace in our lives when we are going 95 mph every second of the day.
Did you know that we can have Peace on the inside when there is chaos all around us on the outside?!?!?
But how? The Bible gives the answer: "In quietness and confidence shall be your strength" Isaiah 30:15 (NKJV)
True Peace comes when we take the time to sit down with God and allow Him to calm us. We seek God's face to spend time with Him and Him alone. We pour out our concerns to Him and wait for His reply. And as he comforts and assures us, that He has everything under control, we know that all will okay. Then and only then can we have His Peace.
It sounds so simple, doesn't it? The hard part is doing it. So many things compete for our attention. At times it may feel impossible. But God would never ask us to do something that we are unable to do. John 14:27 says, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
If we seek His face and not his hand, and thank Him for His faithfulness, then His Peace will flood us. That supernatural peace will even guard our minds and hearts.
What a blessing when we are calm and our minds are not whirling with all kinds of anxious thoughts.
Want peace? Jesus said, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28
I hope you have a peaceful day in the midst of your busy life!
Card Deets:
Stamps; Woodland Cottage-SU!, Everyday Blessings - Paper Trey Ink
Ink: SU! Reinkers
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Choco Chip CS
Many Blessings to you!!
Mary

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Very Very Pretty Mary!!! Thanks for sharing the thoughts for today!