Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Mailboxes of Love

The mailbox above was made for my youngest boy, Samuel.

The mailbox above was made for my eldest, Jeremy.
I found these cute mailboxes at our local Target in their $1 spot area. Total score for me! At first I was unsure of what the boys would think of having a mini mailbox. But when I pulled the mailboxes out of the bag, my fears were at ease. The boys couldn't wait for me to finish the mailboxes. They are super duper easy to make. I had the boys pick out the paper they liked and image they wanted. I kept them pretty simple and basic, since it is for boys. They gave me their input as I was making them. They didn't want any "girlie fooffy stuff" like I put on my cards. Well who could blame them. They love their mailboxes and that is all that matters.
I used the mailboxes for the first time yesterday. The boys have always loved receiving cards...now when they wake up the first thing they do is check to see if they have mail. (It is too cute!)
The Deets:
Stamps: Amuse - Rocket, Sentiment, Rock Star
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, SU! reinkers
Paper: Misc. paper that I had around the house, Certainly Celery, Not quite Navy CS
Accessories: Little pieces of ribbon for easy opening
Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Jennifer Ofiana said...

these are soooo cute. Love the rocket one! Oh and your owl cards rock!

Lynn said...

Cute mailboxes, love the saying on the rocket one, so sweet!

Linda said...

Mary,

These are A-D-O-R-A-B-B-L-E!!!! Bravo!

Linda