Monday, October 01, 2007

Birthday Invites

You are looking at a picture of invitations I made for my son's Samuel and his cousin Jordan's Birthday party that we are going to have this Saturday. Poor Samuel turned 6 on Sept. 1 and he has had to wait a whole month for his Birthday Party. My cousin Sabrina suggested that we have a 1950's theme Birthday Party for them. We are going to hang records instead of balloons....We are also going to do a build your own sundae instead of having cake and ice cream....It is going to be lots of fun. The boys are very excited! (I will post a picture of the Birthday boys next weekend.)

The invite is a postcard size. I ran my white card stock through the printer for the B-day info. I then stamped the background with "dotted" back round stamp by SU! using my fav. retired color Cool Caribbean (I mean how 50's is that color...?). I then stamped the ice cream sundae with Jet Black Staz-On ink on an oval punch out from Marvy. I inked the sides of the scallop with fluid chalk (tangerine) and mounted it onto the postcard with dimensionals. (Each sundae is also a different flavor of ice cream.....Neapolitan, Choco chip mint, choco. and Orange sherburt...etc.) I then hand wrote "You're Invited to a Party" because I don't have a stamp that fits and didn't think about running it through the computer until it was too late.

Thanks for stopping by...............

No comments: